Customer Service/Medical Biller/Patient Accounts
Latrice M. Wright
2900 Landrum Drive #94, Atlanta, GA 30311, 404-437-3788, L40rite@hotmail.com
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Contract interpretation, Research, and Analytical Skills
- Working knowledge of medical (ICD-9, CPT4, HCPCS) and dental (CDT) billing and coding
- Computer: MS Office/Outlook, Centricity, Med soft, Medical Manager
Claims Examiner II, Delta Dental, Alpharetta, GA 12/2012-09/2013
- Perform review of dental claims for payment of benefits, checking for completeness and returning claims for additional information.
- Analyze claims for possible discrepancies including duplication of services, billing and incorrect procedure identification.
- Identify primary insurance carriers for claims received and coordinates payment of benefits with primary carriers.
- Verify patient eligibility for coverage of claims received, checking appropriate records for date of birth, social security number, date of eligibility and type of coverage needed.
- Met monthly production and quality goals set by management.
Patient Account Representative, ATC Healthcare, Atlanta, GA 11/2006-12/2011
- Reviewed account and determined what was needed in order to get the account resolved.
- Followed up with insurance companies on aged accounts
- Filed and retrieve medical billing documents, such as Explanation of Benefits) and insurance correspondence.
- Assembled medical claims and documentation for mailing to insurance companies.
- Generated letters to patients requesting additional information when needed.
- Assisted patient with account inquiries.
Medical Biller, Central Carolina Family Practice, Charlotte, NC 07/2002-11/2006
- Submitted claims to Insurance Companies, Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and Commercial
- Filed all insurance claims via paper or electronic transmission
- Checked insurance payment for accuracy
- Answer all telephone inquires
- Submitted appeals to insurance companies
- Assisted front office with phone coverage
- Schedule patient appointments
- Back front office with patient check in and patient check out
- Atlanta Metropolitan College, Social Worker, Atlanta GA 08/2011-07/2013
- HCFA, Certified Patient Account Representative, Atlanta GA 02/2002-Present