Lead Systems Engineer
Jeffrey A. Handy
Lead Systems Engineer
I am a self-motivated, critical thinking and solutions oriented systems engineer with more than 15 years of technical experience. My specialty is creating, designing, and implementing automation solutions that improve or enhance the current IT enterprise infrastructure. I am a proven team leader with a reputation for driving improvements, reducing operational cost and improving productivity. I have the ability to multi-task in high pressure/high visibility situations. I also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills that allow ease of conveying in depth and complex technical items in “plain language” to clients, both internal and external. The end result is a consistently positive client experience and increased satisfaction.
October 2012 – current, Servcorp, Atlanta, GA
Lead Operations Engineer
● Business Environment: Large corporate global company
● System Environment: 2000+ servers globally
● Designed and implemented custom scripts that dramatically reduce the downtime of cisco servers during unplanned outages by using Wake On LAN technology
● Designed and implemented group policies within windows server 2008 r2 that allowed for a more streamline AD environment that allowed access to system resources such as printers, and volumes via security groups
● Reviewed, tested, and deployed Cisco Video Advantage application into the system environment to dramatically reduce the CAPEX costs of having to buy video phones
● Designed and implemented scripts that pushed multiple applications across a network that had no deployment structure in place.
● Deploy Lync 2010, and 2013 via group policy
● Managed & administered System Infrastructure, and Vendor Management for all 22 US sites
● Exchange Server Messaging & Active Directory administration/maintenance for the US Domain.
● Configure Vlans on CISCO routers
● Antivirus, Antispam system security via Trendmicro, and Ironport
● Responsible for the day-to-day IT System Operations for Servcorp USA
● Provided Technical Management for backups, file storage, printing via printer server, DNS, and system restaging
June 2011 – October 2012, Decision Digital, Atlanta, GA
Systems Automation Engineer
● Business Environment: Small, medium to large companies
● System Environment: 2 – 1000 severs
● I was responsible for orchestrating an efficient automation process to deploy, and remove multiple security applications such as Vipre, and Kaspersky across multiple clients
● Responsible for designing and deploying a preventative maintenance checklist to be used across multiple clients
● Managed the following: local area networks, wireless networks, communications with remote enterprise installations, problem solving, technical training, creating technical solutions, and network security.
● Diagnosed issues related to LAN topology, WAN Topology, and Remote Access Solutions.
● Recommended improvements for system design and procurement of system equipment and supplies.
● Performed equipment installations and relocation as required to support the business needs of the customer.
May 2010 – May 2011, Bovis Lend Lease, Atlanta, GA
Systems Analyst I
● System support via Cisco VPN Client, and (SCCM) Remote Tools Web Console 4.0
● Account configuration in Active Directory, Domino, Exchange Server, and DRA.
● Monitoring and escalation procedures relative to the appropriate service levels.
● Coordinated second and third line support.
August 2009- Oct. 2009, Home Depot Corporation, Atlanta, GA
● Monitored the SSI Support Inbox for validation documents via Microsoft Outlook.
● Updated and audited Quickbase for proper validation documents.
● Trained new consultants.
August 2007- February 2008, Home Depot Corporation, Atlanta, GA
Command Center Data Analyst
● Provided technical research and development towards the improvement of the ordering infrastructure of all Home Depot stores.
● Assisted the Projectmates leader in issues such as: resetting, adding and removing users from the system, and ensuring the current ordering infrastructure was being followed.
● Performed password resets and monitored backups on Microsoft Windows 2003 Servers.
● Applications used: Quick base ● Projectmates ● Ruby ● Account Administrator via Active Directory.
May 2006 - June 2007, WACA, Atlanta, GA
Technical Analyst (bilingual-Spanish)
February 2004 - March 2006, JMJ Technologies Inc., Atlanta, GA
July 2003 - January 2004, First Investors Financial, Atlanta, GA
Junior Systems Engineer
January 2003- June 2003, Mckesson HBOC, Atlanta, GA
Education / Certifications
DeVry University – Alpharetta, GA
B.S, in Technical Management, Magna Cum Laude- October 2009
(VCP510) passed VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 exam
(MCTS) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: SCCM 2012
(MCSA) Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Server 2003 – Messaging
(MCSA) Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Server 2003
(CMNA)Certified Microsoft Network Administrator
(MCP) Microsoft Certified Professional
• MCSA -Messenger
• ILO 4 & ILO 2
• Lync 2010 & 2013
• System Center Configuration Manager 2012 (SCCM)
• Active Directory
• Exchange 2010, 2007, and 2003
• Symantec Backupexec 2010 R3
• Office 365
• Hyper -V
• Vipre Enterprise Business
• Vmware Vsphere 5
• DNS, and DHCP
• Virtual LANs (VLANs)
• Wake On Lan
• Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
• Lotus Notes (Domino)
• Gigabit Ethernet, ISDN, VLAN, and 802.11 WLAN
• CISCO VOIP
• Citrix Metaframe
• Terminal Services Manager
• Remote Desktop Connection (RDP)
• CISCO VPN Anyconnect
• HP Proliant Gen 8 servers
• CISCO Routers, switches,and phones
• Watchguard firewalls
• SSD Drives
• RAM, monitors, printers, CPU’s, and laptops
• Barcode Scanners
• HDMI & DVI-D Scalars
• Biometric Devices
• Windows Server 2012
• Windows Server 2008r2
• Windows Server 2003
• CISCO Call Manager (7, 8, 9),
• Windows 8
• Windows 7
• Windows XP