Accounting Clerk/Customer Service/Administrative Support
5519 Park Place South, Atlanta, GA 30349 • 770-994-2304 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Multi-talented accounting and administrative professional with diverse skills in accounting, tax, merchandising, and office support. Successful in performing a variety of tasks with demonstrated competence and proficiency. Focused and recognized as a results-oriented individual utilized in deadline driven operations. Excellent customer service and communication skills, written and oral. Versatile in being a team player and completing tasks individually.
•Problem Solver •Oracle •MS Word •Adobe Photoshop
•Basic Accounting •SAP •MS Excel
•Financial Statements •Outlook •PowerPoint
Macy’s -Atlanta, GA 04/13 - present
Sales Support Specialist
Provide exceptional support to the Sales Team. Maintain sales floor and merchandise presentation to keep store visually appealing. Change merchandise prices and signage to display updated markups, markdowns, and store promotions. Replenish merchandise on the sales floor in a timely manner. Analyze markdown reports to measure productivity and items in stock. Supply outstanding customer service to customers.
- Display a positive helpful attitude on a daily basis that is acknowledged by customers and employer.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and commitment to customer service.
NRG (formally GenOn) – Atlanta, GA 9/06 –6/12
Processed sales tax returns and tax payments timely and accurately for over 30 states. Analyzed power sales reports and invoices for tax return preparation. Maintained compliance of sales tax exemption certificates. Reconciled P-card report to verify charges and account numbers. Prepared check requests, SS4s, and W-9s. Assisted in state audits by gathering information and Accounts Payable data.
- Operated financial computer systems and furnished management with monthly sales tax exemption reports for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Contributed to internal audits of tax data to measure internal controls of tax accounting process for SOX compliance.
- Improved method for processing tax returns to reduce time frame of filing sales tax returns and making tax payments.
Suntrust – Atlanta, GA 9/04 – 8/06
Accounting Clerk, contractor
Prepared journal entries to support the General Accounting Department. Maintained sub-ledgers to keep track of transactions for GL accounts. Processed invoices using IVS to support Finance Department. Reconciled invoices to General Ledger accounts. Updated IVS data spreadsheets to assist forecast preparation. Coded invoices for payment authorization.
- Successfully handled the processing, distribution, accuracy verification and maintenance of invoices.
- Composed effective accounting reports to provide Finance Department with A/P data to prepare telecommunications budget.
Encadria – Atlanta, GA 3/04 - 8/04
Processed 100 invoices daily for payment to suppliers using SAP. Created sales tax accrual spreadsheets using Excel. Verified and researched vendor prices for the AP department. Typed W-9 data into Infinium/AS400 software. Created payment authorization forms using MS Word.
- Excelled within fast paced environment, continually taking on increased responsibility.
- Demonstrated talent for learning new tasks quickly and completing projects ahead of schedule with a high degree of accuracy.
National Data Corporation – Atlanta, GA 3/00 – 2/04
Accounts Payable Specialist
Audited and processed travel and expense reports using Oracle. Processed 75 invoices daily using the 3-way matching system in Oracle. Received inbound calls from suppliers regarding discrepancies and payment status. Updated supplier analysis spreadsheets using Excel to research unresolved invoices.
- Accurate and timely processing of up to 1,500 invoices per month for multi-site organization.
- Researched and solved billing problems and corrected errors on vendor invoices.
Associate of Applied Science, Business Administration
Atlanta Metropolitan College, Atlanta, GA