Warehouse Working Supervisor
Gerald T. Woodson
445 Markham St. SW, Apt C-33, Atlanta, GA 30313
Objective: To secure a challenging position that offers me an opportunity that utilizes my professional experience
Education: 8/1977-12/1980 – Alcorn State University, Lorman – MS - US
10/07 – present Tyco Fire Protection Products Norcross, GA
Assistant Warehouse Supervisor
- Provide supervision and leadership to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the warehouse as it relates to all receiving, picking, and shipping activities.
- Lead a team that focuses on proper product selection, packing, and order shipment
- Supervises the loading of trucks and ensures that all orders are shipped according to customer request dates and in compliance with proper shipment procedures.
- Develop and implement work schedules and assignments to ensure effiecient operations.
- Provide guidance in administering performance evaluations for recommending promotions, wage increases, associate development and terminations.
- Accountable for maintaining the physical condition of the warehouse and its equipment
- Maintain good security habits at dock door
- Review operations daily to ensure the warehouse is safe and orderly
- Lead operations in a manner that promotes safety and is compliant with OSHA and other appropriate standards
- Conduct weekly safety meetings and promotes a safety culture
- Ensure all company and regulatory policies are followed
- Ensure the accuracy of all order fulfiment documents
- Gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping activities
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies and managing the group to ensure accuracy is maintained.
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase/transfer orders
- Reports, documents, and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Oversee inventory control functions and procedures, including cycle counts, product rotation and recall, training, customer claims and requests, and record keeping
- Prepares various reports and forms such as shipping discrepancy reports, accident reports, purchase invoices, shift inspection reports, absence reports, repair orders and requistions for replacement equipment.
- Hazmat 49CFR Certified, SAP, WMS AND AS400 experience
02/06 – 10/07 Tyco Fire Products, Distribution Center Decatur, Ga
Lead Warehouse Person/Receiver
- Receive all incoming FEDEX, UPS, DHL, LTL, FTL Stock Transfer and Purchase Orders
- Enter the information into JDE for inventory control and payments
- Daily cycle counting and yearly inventory
- Picking,packing, and shipping as well as performing general warehouse function
- Train new employees in Tyco products and picking/packing process
05/04 – 02/06 Purafil Incorporation Doraville, Ga
Lead Warehouse Receiver
- Responsible for receiving all incoming merchandise against POs and verify that what is being delivered meet the specifications and determine the source and store in proper location
- Enter the information into the Mocola system for inventory control and payment
- Fill out the corresponding receiving paperwork and notify purchasing of any discrepancies.
- Prepare small packages for shipping using FedEx, UPS, DHL, and LTL Freight Lines
07/01-01/04 Pharmacia A Pfizer Corporation, Distrubution Center Chamblee, Ga
- Picking/packing, shipping/receiving, stock /lot control, monthly inventory by using WMS and Pickticket
- Operated a Raymond reach-stand-up forklift
- Used FedEx, UPS, DHL, and Freight Lines for shipping
02/00-07/01 General Services Admin. Fed. Supply Center Palmetto, Ga
Shipping Supervisor for TRC Staffing
- Supervised a crew of 15 employees in the daily operation for shipping federal and freight packages to the Southeast Region Department of Defense Agency
- Operated a FedEx Ground Powership System for the tracking, destination, weight, zone, and the cost of all packages
- Transmitted a daily report of all packages shipped out from General Services Administration to FedEx Ground Hub